Monday, March 29, 2010

Kaleidoscope

I just painted my nails tonight.  They're all shiny in their glossy red all mightiness.  They just love to show off.  I usually paint them every Friday.  It's part of my wind down routine to ease into the weekend after a long week.  However, since I've given up wine for lent, Friday nights haven't been quite the same.  I used to buy a bottle, rent a movie and do my nails then down 3/4 of the bottle, finish the movie, and call it a night.  I'm such a rebel rouser.  I'm looking forward to Easter.  Those were the good days.

My buddy Warren gave me an old bicycle today and a coffee table.  He is the nicest guy you'll ever meet.  We met at my old work (taxes... ick!) and we bonded almost immediately.  He's from Wisconsin, complete with witty personality and a love for life.  If he wasn't already married, I'd marry him myself.  *snaps*  Darn tootin!

I purchased a plain ticket to Hawaii a couple of months ago on a whim.  A friend is going with a small group of people and invited me along.  I can't really afford to go, but how many opportunities like this come along?  Less than a month now... let the countdown to half naked beach bodies begin!

Speaking of, I need to hit up the gym.   I'm already a crazy health nut... whole grains, protein, and I refuse to eat foods with high fructose corn syrup in them.   I've practically given up smoking (only one for the past few days, and I average two otherwise), now all I have to do is tone the bod.  Common good, healthy vibes... I need Arnold Schwarzenegger to visit me in a dream or something.  Like David Bowie did in Flight of the Concords.
"It's not a tumor!"
Ha, I know his muscles are bulging and rippling right through your computer monitor and into your living room, but all I keep staring at is his package.

I'm such a perv.

0 comments: