Friday, March 5, 2010

Harmony, Harmony, Oh Love

The date went well!  I learned a lot about this socially challenged fellow.  He has only lived in the United States for two years.  This unfortunately became a problem if I made a joke or referenced something, forgetting that he probably has no idea what I am talking about and having to eventually explain myself.  By that time the joke had lost all of its air.

This wasn't a bad thing, just different for me.  There were many moments when our communication barrier became the subject of our conversations.   For example, he didn't know what overalls were.  I couldn't stop laughing when he told me this.  "They're like a one-piece jean suit that farmers wear."  He had no idea, but he was definitely intrigued.

Besides the miscommunication hurdle, we had a good time.  We shared a few drinks at a local bar and chatted until they kicked us out.  He was a perfect gentleman the entire night.

We discussed what we do for a living (he is, by the way, very successful), his home town, how we are both enjoying the area, and topics that only began to skim the surface of our lives.  Because he was only in the United States to work and has since decided to open his own company, he will be forced to leave the country.  He told me that once he sells his car, he's going to buy a plane ticket to go home.

I received an E-mail this morning from him saying that he sold his Audi.

Who knows, maybe it'll be like the Sex and the City series and I'll end up pursuing a man in... Moldova.  Sure, it may not be as romantic as France, but its still Europe.  I have a feeling that we're going to end up good pen pals in the end, maybe even working together some day as oversea contacts.  I had a fantastic time and I'm hoping to have dinner with him before he leaves for good.

Either way, I know that once he moves, I'm mailing him a pair of overalls.

1 comments:

Phoenix said...

I wonder how overalls came up in conversation?? haha