I'm disgustingly ill today. A great opportunity to blog.
I'm watching The Last Samurai, one of the only Tom Cruise movies I enjoy. There's something so beautiful about Samurai and honoring the old ways. As an American, I feel that my country lacks in culture and history. We're too focused on the future.
I had to say goodbye to "The Russian" this morning. I explained that I'm sick as a dog, but he insisted on picking me up and bringing me to breakfast. I only knew him for a week, but I'm going to miss him. We plan to send each other little gifts across seas and keep in touch.
My love life is getting messy again. I wish for things to remain simple, but its just not that easy is it?
The men in my life:
The Musician:
The now long distance boyfriend and I are on "hold" for the time being. He's your typical scrub character: lame job, no car, no money... For some stupid reason I'm deeply in love with his character and being. I just wish that he'd get his act together, sooner rather than later. I'm a smart girl, so I'm not holding my breath. He doesn't seem to understand that fact (the fact that actions speak louder than words and telling me that he's going to do these things doesn't cut it in my world), and we've been arguing about it lately.
The Writer:
I have a date this Friday with a handsome man I noticed long before we even said a word to each other. I met him at my old job, a large office full of fresh "just out of college" folk. We sat next to each other quite a few times and he finally introduced himself after the third time. After that, we became fast friends, talking at work until our shifts ended... hours and hours of insightful conversation. Intelligent, smart, handsome, and is now a writer for a large company. He also has a car. Potential. We shot some pool once after an office get together. He told me he loved me. I blushed and went my own way.
The Gentleman:
There is another man in my life. We are friends but I believe he wants to be something more. He is sweet and kind, and one of the most generous and gentlemanly men I have ever met. We work together now, which for me, makes me uncomfortable. I have never had an inter-office relationship. I hear bad things, but I also hear stories of how people marry their bosses. They're all stories and I usually do my own thing anyway. I find his manners and work ethic and strong body very appealing. I'm a petite lady, he could be my big teddy bear. He's successful in everything he does, which is pretty kick-ass too.
Those are the three men that are currently in my life. I have never been the type of girl to look for complication or drama, and frankly speaking, three is too much. I feel that because I used to be a Tom Boy, I automatically get along with most guys. I suppose I can't assume that guy friends are just friends anymore, like they were when I was younger girl. That's kind of sad now that I think about it.
Off to the pharmacy. I hope to be better by tomorrow.
2 comments:
I totally agree about America's lack of culture. It drives me insane.
As for The Last Samuri, I fell asleep during it. lol I'm guessing I should give Tom Cruise in this movie another shot.
Three men is too many. But it my life, when I have three men, they all disappear at the same time.
So you either have it all or nothing? This is probably not the case for you though. :)
I hope you can figure it out. For some reason I have my money on the Writer, but it's always nice to be with a Gentleman.
I hope it all sorts itself out in the long run!
Thanks Phoenix!
It's hard to give Tom Cruise another shot. Other than Risky Business, I feel like he doesn't have a lot going for him. Personal opinion of course.
That'll probably be my luck too. I wont make a move, or make a wrong move, and lose all men at once. I wish we could all just stay friends, but that doesn't seem possible nowadays. I need to get out of this country... ha. Want to come?
Post a Comment