Inspired by Bunnie, I decided to post a few of my successful recipes from time to time.
Here's the first of many...
(thanks Bunnie for the inspiration and the shared passion for good food):
Easy Slow Cooker Carnitas
Ingredients
--2 cans of hot green chiles (4oz)
--4 cloves garlic, minced
--1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
--3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
--2 Tablespoons Honey
--Salt and Pepper
--2 teaspoons dried oregano
--3 3/4 low-sodium chicken broth
--4 lbs pork roast (untrimmed), cut into chunks
--2 bay leaves
--1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
--Corn tortillas (I prefer white)
--Fixings (I used fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, queso fresco, and black refried beans)
1. Heat up oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic and green chiles and mix. When fragrant (one or two minutes) add onion, oregano, honey, and salt. Pour in broth and reduce until slightly thickened.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper and transfer to slow cooker. Add bay leaves and cinnamon, then pour in the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until meat is tender.
3. Discard bay leaves. Shred the pork with 2 forks. Serve the pork in tortillas with fixings.
Enjoy!







1 comments:
Ooooh! I'm inspiration?? I feel so flattered! :) This looks very tasty! Adds another recipe I need to try!
xo
Post a Comment