Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Balls (of the Testicular Kind) and Stainless Steel

I haven't experienced such an uneasy feeling since the seventh grade, when I had to give a speech in front of class that I hadn't prepared for.  Queasy and sick to my stomach, I managed a B.  That was so long ago now... but I had flashbacks today.

Firstly, I would like to thank Craigslist for its wonderful networking site.  I recently moved into a new apartment, flying solo, and have been using its glorious sources to find various appliances and knick-knacks... and today, a date for Wednesday night.

No I didn't use the dating section of the website.  That's not my style. Innocently enough, I set up an appointment to meet with someone to purchase a microwave.  We discussed a price, time and I eventually jetted over there on my lunch break.  Lo and behold the owner of this stainless steel masterpiece happens to be a completely gorgeous man.  I quickly learned that he was not from the United States, but instead from Moldova, an Eastern European country nestled between the Ukraine and Romania.  He mentioned something about being an Engineer who was heading back to his home country soon, but it didn't phase me.  I was lost in his ocean blue eyes, sinking deeper and deeper into his soul...

I immediately clammed up, shook his hand, and thanked him for the appliance.  I left a mark on my forehead as I banged my head against my steering wheel on the way back to work.

Idiot.

Ah, but the beauty of technology left me with a few options.  I could:
1. Call him.
2.  Text him.
3.  E-mail him.

I'm complete chicken shit, but I wanted to try, so I sent an E-mail.  The thing about E-mail is that you have to wait for a response.  It's like when you're watching a horror movie and somebody gets their guts ripped out, but the camera shows it.  The director leaves the scene open to the viewer's imagination, which usually impacts the audience more than showing what actually happens to the poor, defenseless soul ever could.  In this case, he was nice enough to reply within fifteen minutes.  And it was a "yes, I'd love to grab a drink with you."

I do have a bad feeling about this entire thing.  Not that I'm getting any bad vibes from him, quite the opposite in fact, its just that I know myself and I'm going to be in over my head ...and he's leaving the country by the end of the week.

Damn my luck.  Pen pals are good I suppose.

On similar note this is the only thing I know about the Romanian area:

2 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG this is an AWESOME post. I feel like I'm in love with him too. I will live vicariously through you. Please tell us about your date afterwards!!!!!!!

xo

PS. Look HOT!

Disco said...

**blushes** Well shucks, that's such a sweet thing to say! I will update soon and let you know how the date went!