Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Schnitzel, Kielbasa, and Pierogies... Oh My!

I had to work down in Denver today to do some research.  I kidnapped my mom before I went down there so she had a chance to see the city before she leaves.  She spent her time on the 16th street mall while I finished working.  She absolutely loved it.  Man I miss that city.  I used to live there but after spending an average of three hours each day commuting, enough was enough!  Now I live in a little town that's 15 minutes from my work in a place where I have everything I need, yet the city girl in me is screaming, "Go back to Denver!!"

After we shopped for awhile, we met Adrian at one of my favorite little joints in Capitol Hill.  It's a polish restaurant that has bomb pierogies.  We split an order for an appetizer.  I had the schnitzel and both my mom and Adrian had the kielbasa.  The food and the atmosphere helped break the ice a bit.  We were all a little shy with each other at first, but eventually the conversation began to flow (or maybe it was the Zywiecs, ha).

Afterwards we went our separate ways.  My mother thought he was nice, but a bit crass.  I don't really see it.  Sure Adrian's a larger man, but that doesn't mean he's insensitive or without refinement.  Granted, we have only known each other for a few months, but typically that's a characteristic you can pick up on right away.  Something to look for in the future I suppose just in case I missed it?  Eh, overall a successful first meeting.

Oh!  My wonderful couch is settling into my living room as we speak.  She unpacked yesterday and we had a few brews together.  Welcome home couch, I hope you're very happy here in your new environment.  I know I'm happy to have you!

In other news, Trin may no longer be able to chat with me while I'm at work.  We typically sit online with each other all throughout our work days.  She's my go to girl whenever I need to link a funny tidbit to someone, send an awesome, life-changing song, or destress at work a bit.  I hope your network figures itself out Trin, because I need you like a fat kid needs cake.  You're my other [chocolately] half!  (If I bake you, can I eat you too?)

I'll leave you with this video.  It really doesn't have anything to do with anything, except that I discovered this ditty recently.

P.S. I realize that there are a significant number of people who do not like video posts, but I figure I can count the number of people who read my blog on one hand, so fuck it.

[Meh]

Be happy damn it.


Phoenix "If I Ever Feel Better"

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

I also have an inner city girl. She sometimes tries to get out but I lavish her with shiny things and then she goes back in to hiding. Nothing beats being in a city...except maybe, a shorter commute.

So you had your mom meet Adrian huh? So she thought he was crass. (googles crass)Oh wow. Strong word.
Wanted to make sure it meant what I thought. When I meet the man- I'll give you my own opinion. Hopefully sooner than later...

And don't you worry little lady- I will get this network thing figured out SOME how. It's aggravating. I was living vicariously through you, and now I am stuck in an office that plays christian music 24-7, average age of 40, and they are dutch. 'nuff said. So you have my solemn vow, that I will figure it out.

And hunny- you can bake me whenever. ;)


p.s. Tell your couch that I will see her soon.

Disco said...

You always make me want to do some high end shopping! There must be an easier way!

lol! Crass was a new word for me too that obviously influenced my night (*insert poet-tray here*). She's a crazy crossword freak, so I'm sure she's full of off words like "crass". Hahaha... I need to read more.

Welcome back to chat little lady :)

Don't worry, we'll get baked with my couch soon enough! Give her a real family welcome and all that jazz!

Phoenix said...

I don't make you want to spend money on high end items...
I inspire you to buy high end items. There is a difference! lol

Awesome that your mom is a crossword freak, I guess its passes on to children, as my mom loves puzzles and things as well...

Point Dexter said...

Haha! It's true, you do inspire me!

Yes, my family passed on crosswords and cards to me. They're wonderful pastimes if I don't say so myself.