Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Getting Up Early but I'm Still Awake

Tribulations, trials and errors
crawl under my bed sheets.
I lay here staring at the blinds,
crass and unbecoming.
Tick tock cold is the clock
that pulls me in the wrong direction.
Whispers tell me their stories of new,
tall tales of glorious days to come.
Their hope enlightens me so
that no sun will ever touch my beams.
Keep-sakes lay far away
yet I feel their warmth near me like a passion.
Hold you closer with every breath
true these things I need to let go.
Burn these memories to ash
to begin anew.

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

As I am not a huge fan of poet-tray because I normally can't understand what they are saying.

But this poem, I can read in all clarity. Or at least its clear to me.
Beautifully written.

Hits me here. (points to heart)


xoxo

Disco said...

*tear* That's one of the nicest compliments I've ever received! I honestly haven't written in ages, and it felt great to get the creative juices flowing again.

Thank you!!!

XOXOXO!

Phoenix said...

You are completely welcome.
You are a lovely writer.

Keep it up.
I want to read more!! lol

xo