My initial reaction: Disgusted!
The show features Jamie Oliver, a renown chef from England, on his journey to change the food habits of the most obese city in the nation (and perhaps even the world).
This particular episode featured Jamie working with the schools to create a proper lunch plan. Their menu consisted of breakfast pizza and chicken nuggets for lunch. There wasn't a spec of real potato in the "mashed potatoes," and the kids didn't even touch their fruit half of the time. Plus, all of the lunch ladies feel like Jaime is steamrolling their roles at the school and arent cooperative.
On the first day that he changed the cafeteria menu, the children were given the option: Roasted chicken or pizza. Sadly, the majority of the kids chose the pizza.
It looks like Jaime is in for quite the challenge. I'm interested to see how things turn out.
One thing is for sure, my eyes have been opened! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
And to end this blah-sey post, this was my day in a photographic nutshell:
My friend.
My thumb after attempting to grate potatoes to make hash browns.
Veggie omelette and hash browns (this was so worth the injury!)
At least somebody got to rest on this 'day of rest.'
Breakfast for dinner: Homemade corned beef hash and eggs.











2 comments:
Ooooh! I watched that when I was in school. It was pretty interesting to see! :) I'd so choose the roasted chicken over cafeteria pizza! I love yummy food. Too bad kids don't really know how to eat.... we can thank fast food for that!
xo
I know! The roasted chicken looked delicious! Kids really don't know how to eat, but part of that is because of what parents feed them. You have to teach children when they're young about good eating habits. Pizza and chicken nuggets do not qualify!
Thanks for your comment Bunnie!
Post a Comment