Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gentlemen: Not a Myth.

I'm currently watching Gladiator,  a very powerful movie about a man who simply just wants to go home.  Definitely up there on my list of favorite flicks.

I believe I have experienced something so rare that most women may never experience in their lifetimes.  I have been dating Adrian for a few weeks now.  When we first got together, I explained to him that I had just gotten out of a relationship, and I am not ready for anything too profound at the moment.  As I put it, "I'm still hurting," which is an understatement.  He has shown nothing but patience and kindness toward me.  He has never pressured me to do anything I didn't want to do, and has been a complete gentleman in every sense.  Last night I finally gave him the green light to proceed physically with me, and to my surprise, he didn't.  Instead, he held my hand, kissed my forehead, and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

He is the most good-hearted man I have ever met, let alone dated.  What a refreshing change.  I guess gentlemen do exist.

1 comments:

Phoenix said...

Glad to hear that you found a man worth your time.
And that will treat you like a lay-dee. <3

I hope that he keeps it up.
When he starts painting your toe nails, he's a keeper. lol