Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Poppin' Those Cherries

Happy Fat Tuesday everybody! New Orleans sure has something to celebrate this year! (WHODAT?)

My thoughts on Valentine's Day:
The holiday is overrated. I'm not one to "Ooh," and "Aw," over a giant teddy bear or flowers. If you are going to get me something for Valentine's Day, make sure it's something I can have for years to come, or something that creates a memory for me to hold until my dying breath.

For example, concert tickets. The guy I have been dating on and off for the last year and a half didn't have any surprises up his sleeve for me this time. So, I bought myself concert tickets. And you know what? It was fantastic. And to add icing on this ever-so-delectable V-Day cake, this was also my first Gov't Mule show. Seeing and hearing Warren Haynes in person was the highlight to my Valentine's Day. He is one of my all time favorite guitarists and I got to hear him wail out on some of my favorite tunes.

THE SHOW'S SET LIST (FOR THE FANS):
2/13/10 at the Fillmore Auditorium

Set One:
Steppin' Lightly
Brokedown On The Brazos
No Need To Suffer
Woodstock
Thorazine Shuffle
Temporary Saint
Trane >
Eternity's Breath >
St. Stephen Jam > Trane
Feel Like Breaking Up Somebody's Home *
32/20 Blues **

Set 2:
Railroad Boy
Monday Mourning Meltdown
Beautifully Broken
Brighter Days
Drums
Like Flies
Frozen Fear
Mule >
What is Hip? >
Mule

Encore One:
All Apologies

Encore Two:
Get Behind The Mule **

* - with Luthur Dickenson on guitar
** - with Luthur and Cody Dickenson (washboard for 32-20; washboard & rhythm guitar for Get Behind the Mule)


Rock on with your badself WH.

Since my falling out with the (now official "Ex") I have decided that my standards may be too high for my own good. I mean, I'm looking for a tall, handy, intelligent, responsible, honest, and funny gentleman to court, love, and marry me so I don't have to work a day in my life again.

Is that so difficult?

I know it is and because of my slim chances, I have decided to take a break from dating, courting, sexing, and replace all of those lustful dreams with a puppy.

Now there is a man that will truly appreciate and love me.

0 comments: