
It's a snowy day here on this Super Bowl Sunday. I bet all of those people who are down in Florida are jealous of everybody else in the nation.
I watched a segment on the Lingerie Bowl this morning. Yes, these women actually play full contact football in barely anything. They do have head gear and knee pads, but majority of their padding is connected to their chest. You go girls. I wonder who they have as cheerleaders.
Although it is a big football day, full of good food, plenty of alcohol and 200 inch plasma screen tvs, I'm going to direct my thoughts toward something, or somebody, I care just as much about, if not more.
Michael Jackson.
I was finally able to sit down and watch a couple of movies this weekend. One of those movies being Kenny Ortega's, This Is It. I have always been an MJ fan, even through all of the rumors that circled around the man. He was a musical prodigy during his time with Jackson 5, and I immediately fell in love with him from there on. Granted, I was still young when his first albums came out, but I came to appreciate all of his music early enough to understand the tragedy of his death. After watching This Is It, I now hold a deeper respect for the man.
If you haven't seen the documentary, it features footage from his come back tour. He's a man who always exceeds expectations in not only his music, but also through his way of entertaining his fans. The sold out concert was to be the first of its kind. Offering videos in the third dimension, top musicians and dancers (as to be expected with Michael Jackson), and what MJ called, "4-D" reality bits featuring art pieces that pop off the screen and onto the stage.
Grab the documentary and enjoy the full feature. The extras on the DVD are just as informative and entertaining as the main feature, if not more so. The extra footage focuses more on Michael on a person rather than on his passion for music alone. L-O-V-E was a favorite motto of his and it showed through his love of entertaining his audience and the hard work he put into his concert and work with his fellow musicians/dancers. I was personally touched by how Michael had influenced so many lives on personal and global levels.
His message lives on in all of us.
"We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones who make a brighter day."
"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."
We wont forget your message Michael, and we'll never forget you.
Rest in Peace. God Bless You Michael Jackson.






0 comments:
Post a Comment