I slowly drop my body into the water.
Like a sinking balloon, buoyant but eventually succumbing
to my surroundings, I release.
The pool is cold and dark underneath me;
Its body feels oily between my fingers and toes.
I’m surrounded by filth. Rubber tires, foam cups, cigarette butts.
These cigarettes; the same tar and smoke that plagues my own lungs
now plagues hers as well.
Once plump and carefree, these sea puppies
now migrate with a purpose they will never see the end of.
You watch me as I crawl through ashy muck, helping her along
as best I can to shore. I can’t do it alone.
She’s drowning and we can only watch,
suffocating like air in an hourglass.
#581 Looking at all the hair on the floor after you just got a haircut
-
It’s just so satisfying to look down at the clumps of hair shards covering
the floor of the salon and think to yourself “That just came off of me!” Of
co...
13 hours ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment